Other Top Stories
Making the most of your concert experience
Coming to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra concerts at the Arboretum?
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your experience.
- Admission to the Arboretum is included in the price of your concert ticket. Arrive early and beat the traffic!
- Parking is $10 for nonmembers and nonrefundable. Parking is free for members (note – members must have their membership card with them to park for free).
- Be prepared to park in remote locations on the Arboretum grounds and walk back to the Concert Lawn. (Only those who park in the Thornhill parking area will be shuttled by bus.)
- Remember: Seating is first come, first served.
- Patrons can enter the concert lawn 90 minutes prior to the concert start time.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs and blankets, as these will not be available to rent.
- Alcohol and food will be available for purchase on-site. Or pre-order your picnic basket and have it ready for pick-up!
- Patrons may bring their own food and nonalcoholic beverages. However, patrons are not allowed to bring alcohol into the Arboretum. Bags and coolers are subject to search.
- Please leave your pets, glass containers, candles, and grills at home.
- The Morton Arboretum is a smoke-free environment. No smoking is allowed indoors or outdoors within the Arboretum.
In the case of rain, the concert will proceed provided that the performers and patrons are not in danger. If the concert is canceled, the price of your tickets can be used toward a future Chicago Symphony Orchestra concert at Symphony Center. There are no refunds or exchanges in advance for any other circumstances. Please dress for the weather.